Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Display Author Bio

"Yes"

Display Instagram Footer

Dark or Light Style

Dark
Follow on Bloglovin

Blog Archive

Copyright Love Bites and Silk . Powered by Blogger.

In the Hot Seat with Julian-A Better Man by @Jaime_Reese #LGBTApril #characterinterview


In the Hot Seat series, we interview characters from some of our favourite books and ask them 20 probing questions.

Today, we have Julian from A Better Man by Jaime Reese featured as part of our #LGBTApril month. Now on to the interview.

Julian: for the record, I hate nosy people.

Kay: Hahahaha. It's just that after reading about you in A Better Man, I thought our readers deserve to know you a little better. I promise it'll be worth it. J

1.     What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being the man my mom knew I could be someday.
And just in case you're wondering, no, I'm not a mamma's boy.

2.     What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being with Matt.

 
3.     What is your current state of mind?
Guarded. Wondering what the hell is up with all these questions.


4.     What is your most treasured possession?
Matt. He's mine and I'd do anything for him.


5.     What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Matt.


6.     What is your most marked characteristic?
My charming sense of humor.



7.     When and where were you the happiest?
Christmas Eve. I came home after a rainstorm not knowing what to expect. I thought I had lost everything that mattered but there was Matt, waiting for me. He still wanted me after knowing all my crap. At that moment, I was the happiest and luckiest man alive. I still feel the same way every time he looks at me. I know he can have his pick of any guy but the fact that he's chosen me…yeah…I'm a lucky bastard.

Kay: *sniffs* That was a powerful scene to read.

8.     What is it that you most dislike?
Nosy people. People should mind their own damn business.


9.     What is your greatest fear?
Losing Matt. Aren't you paying attention?

Kay: J

10.                        What is your greatest extravagance?
The cuff Matt gave me. Have you seen this thing? It's f*cking gorgeous.


11.                        What is your greatest regret?
I don't have any. Everything happens for a reason.


12.                        What is the quality you most like in a man?
Their inner strength.


13.                        What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I've got a list, pick one.


14.                        What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Malice. I get that someone can do something wrong or hurtful by accident, but I have a problem when it's intentional.


15.                        What do you most value in your friends?
Their desire to help others.


16.                        Who is your favorite hero, fictional or real?
Matt. Heroes are supposed to come to the rescue. He saved me.

*Collective sighs*

17.                        On what occasions do you lie?
I don't. It always comes back to bite you in the ass.


18.                        Which is your favorite word or phrase?
Not really a word or phrase, more a letter. I love it when Matt calls me "J".


19.                        What is your least favorite word or phrase?
"I'm sorry". Too many people use it as carte blanche to do as they please then expect to wipe all the crap away with two little words.

Kay: Yeah, I noticed that which is why I'm not apologizing for interviewing you. J

20.                        If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
*sigh* You'll laugh. I want to learn how to dance. Matt loves it and I suck at it.


Kay: LOL. Thank you so much to Julian and Jaime for indulging us.

To find out more about A Better Man check out the book spotlight and read my review.

Blurb
Matthew Doner is starting over. After a five-year prison term that alters every aspect of his life, he receives a bequest from his aunt with the stipulation that he use the money to make things right. Breaking free of the long-standing role he's played and inspired by the few who support him, he decides to create a safe place where people like him can find purpose and start a new life.

Julian Capeletti likes challenges. He is confident, brash, stubborn, and just what Matt needs. Desperate for work after a downturn of luck, he accepts the job to renovate Matt's crumbling building.

Over the course of a year, romance simmers between them as they restore the house. But there's a bigger renovation that must take place in their hearts. To become better men, they need to learn to trust each other even with secrets and painful memories they fear may rip them apart.

Love Africa Book Club
0 Comments
Share This Post :

You Might Also Like

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Leave me a comment and I'll return the visit shortly. Enjoy your day

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

[name=Love Bites and Silk Ties] [img=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zv3O4xW3JeQ/WYLuXLpchyI/AAAAAAAAS0Q/j6aLQ_chTUQyVKEAQ0NVIT5qk5FAUhdeACK4BGAYYCw/s1600/LBAST%2Bbutton.jpg] [description=Read a book. Get tied up. Fall in love.] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/LBASBooks/) (twitter=https://twitter.com/LoveBitesSilk) (instagram=https://www.instagram.com/lbasbooks/) (bloglovin=https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-bites-silk-ties-11427679) (pinterest=https://www.pinterest.co.uk/KariThorpe1/) (tumblr=https://lovebitesandsilk.tumblr.com/)

Follow @LoveBookClub